Monarch Wine Company

Show full item record


Title: Monarch Wine Company
Author: Unknown
Description: The Monarch Wine Company was part of Kelleys Island's winemaking tradition until the 1950s. From its beginnings as Rush Winery before the Civil War, it became Sweet Valley Wine Company and eventually the Monarch Wine Company. Otto Brown, the company's second owner, built a home near the Division Street company in 1892. The wine company building is in ruins, but Brown's home has been restored and operates as the Sweet Valley Inn. (April 2005)
Permanent Link: http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/1516
Date: 1910 - 1918

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
829h255.jpg 1.631Mb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record