"Mackinac Islander" - 221429

Show full item record


Title: "Mackinac Islander" - 221429
Author: Unknown
Description: Christened the "Oliver H. Perry" when she was built for the State of Ohio in 1921, the ship was used by the Ohio Fish and Game Commission as a patrol boat until 1938. Originally built in Marine City, Michigan by Sidney C. McLouth, the ship was reconfigured to a passenger vessel by Hans Hansen Welding Company of Toledo, Ohio in 1938. As the "Mackinac Islander" the vessel carried passengers until 1969. She was the fishing boat "Belair" when she sank off the Aleutian Islands in 1974.
Permanent Link: http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/169696

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
1868.B.13.7.23.2.JPG 373.7Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record