Ongiara - 90562 (C)

Show full item record


Title: Ongiara - 90562 (C)
Author: Unknown
Description: This wood hull steamer was built as the "Queen City" at Toronto in 1885. She was used as an excursion and ferry steamer around Toronto until 1888, when she went to the Niagara River as a tender or ferry between Lewiston, New York and Queenston, Ont. under the name "Ongiara" (an early version of Niagara), and was owned by Niagara Nav. Co. of Toronto. In 1912 she was made into a tug at Toronto, and listed as owned by Patrick J. McSherry of Toronto. She wrecked at Bowmanville, Ont., Lake Ontario on Oct. 17, 1918.
Permanent Link: http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/170039

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
2118.B.13.9.36.2.JPG 391.8Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record