Pearl 19685

Show full item record


Title: Pearl 19685
Author: Unknown
Description: One of the sights from the early days of shipping was the "Pearl" steaming along the Detroit River from the city of Detroit to Port Huron, stopping at ports along the route. Her sister ship and running mate, the "Ruby," were owned by the pioneer line of E. B. and S. Ward. The "Pearl" was built for the Ward Line by J. S. Wolverton in 1851 at Newport, Michigan (Marine City). She measured 251 tons and was later rebuilt to 314 tons. The "Pearl" was dismantled in 1869. Her engine was placed in the steamer "Dove," which was under construction at that date.
Permanent Link: http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/170292
Date: September 13, 1867

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
2231.b.13.11.1.1.tif 2.785Mb TIFF image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record