Hamiltonian (Canadian 103975)

Show full item record


Title: Hamiltonian (Canadian 103975)
Author: Unknown
Description: Originally named the "Champion," this steel ferry was built in 1897 by Davie Shipbuilding at Levis, P.Q. From 1926 to 1944, she was owned by the Thousand Islands Navigation Company of Kingston, Ontario. She was of 482 gross tons and could carry 430 passengers and 28 automobiles. In 1944, she was sold to the Hamilton Harbour Commissioners. At that time, the vessel's name was changed to "Hamiltonian." She burned in 1952 at the foot of James Street, Hamilton, Ontario.
Permanent Link: http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/170418

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
2354.B.13.12.14.2.JPG 326.6Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record