R. B. Hayes 110297

Show simple item record


dc.contributor.author Unknown en
dc.coverage.spatial Great Lakes (North America) en
dc.coverage.temporal 1876 -1924 en
dc.date.accessioned 2011-01-10T17:54:15Z
dc.date.available 2011-01-10T17:54:15Z
dc.date.issued 2011-01-10T17:54:15Z
dc.identifier.other Baus - 13 en
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/170447
dc.description The "R. B. Hayes" was built in 1876 by John Monk of Sandusky, Ohio. This wooden sidewheel steamer ran from the upper Bay ports. In 1893, she ran to Johnson's Island. When Cedar Point Company took over Johnson's Island, the "R. B. Hayes" was included. About 1916, she was sold for the "A. Wehrle Jr." and brought to the Lake Erie Islands. After only a few years, she lay idle. She was dismantled at the foot of Columbus Avenue, Sandusky, Ohio, not far from where she was built. She was listed as abandoned in 1924. en
dc.relation.ispartof Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en
dc.subject Ships - Great Lakes (North America) en
dc.subject Great Lakes (North America) - Navigation - History en
dc.title R. B. Hayes 110297 en
dc.type Image en
dc.repository.name Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en
dc.contributor.institution Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
2383.B.13.12.29.1.JPG 368.5Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record