Walter S. Pringle 116357

Show full item record


Title: Walter S. Pringle 116357
Author: Unknown
Description: The "Walter S. Pringle" was built as the "Superior" at Cleveland, Ohio in 1890. A wooden ferry, the "Walter S. Pringle" carried passengers between Duluth and Superior until 1895. She was then sold along with her sister ship, the "Duluth." Both were placed on the ferry route between Cleveland and the resort at Euclid Beach. Between 1902 and 1904, she was owned by the Union Towing Company of Duluth. She was then used as a supply ship at the Soo through 1915. In 1915, she was again sold to the Pringle Barge Line Company of Detroit, Michigan. The "Superior" was rebuilt as a tug at the Wolverine Dock of Port Huron. It was at this time, the vessel became known as the "Walter S. Pringle." She burned May 6, 1920 at Stagg Island.
Permanent Link: http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/170508

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
2450.B.13.14.6.1.JPG 301.5Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record