Kaliyuga 14458

Show full item record


Title: Kaliyuga 14458
Author: Unknown
Description: The "Kaliyuga" was a wooden freighter built in 1887 at St. Clair, Michigan. She was of 1941 gross tons. She was owned by the St. Clair Steamship Company of Cleveland, Ohio. October 19, 1905, the "Kaliyuga" was loaded with iron ore at Marquette and bound for a Lake Erie port. She was sighted by another vessel 7 miles off Presque Isle, Lake Huron. Later that same day, she was sighted toward dusk by another vessel between Middle and Thundar Bay islands. The "Kaliyuga" was headed east in a severe gale. She disappeared from sight and was never seen again. Seventeen lives were lost.
Permanent Link: http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/170513

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
2455.B.13.14.8.2.JPG 212.9Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record