Victory 207600

Show full item record


Title: Victory 207600
Author: Unknown
Description: Built at Detroit, Michigan as the "Alex. J. Sullivan" by John Sullivan, the vessel was of 61 gross tons. She ran from the mainland to the Belle Isle Bridge or from the Detroit Waterworks Park to Belle Isle. She was used for charter parties for the many "road houses" located on either side of the Detroit River. While under the ownership of John A. Snook of Mt. Clemens, Michigan, her name was changed to the "Victory" (1919). In 1921, she was bought by the Brookville-Morristown Ferry Company and ran between those two cities. In 1926, she was purchased by the Reid Construction Company of Alexandria Bay, New York. She was later used as a scow, carrying as many as 11 automobiles while passengers were transported on the vessel.
Permanent Link: http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/181614

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
2577.B.13.15.29.1.JPG 345.2Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record