Victory 207600

Show simple item record


dc.contributor.author Unknown
dc.coverage.spatial Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.coverage.temporal 1910 - 1919 en_US
dc.date.accessioned 2012-03-12T19:19:08Z
dc.date.available 2012-03-12T19:19:08Z
dc.date.issued 2012-03-12
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/181614
dc.description Built at Detroit, Michigan as the "Alex. J. Sullivan" by John Sullivan, the vessel was of 61 gross tons. She ran from the mainland to the Belle Isle Bridge or from the Detroit Waterworks Park to Belle Isle. She was used for charter parties for the many "road houses" located on either side of the Detroit River. While under the ownership of John A. Snook of Mt. Clemens, Michigan, her name was changed to the "Victory" (1919). In 1921, she was bought by the Brookville-Morristown Ferry Company and ran between those two cities. In 1926, she was purchased by the Reid Construction Company of Alexandria Bay, New York. She was later used as a scow, carrying as many as 11 automobiles while passengers were transported on the vessel. en_US
dc.relation.ispartof Baus - 13 en_US
dc.subject Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.title Victory 207600 en_US
dc.type Image en_US
dc.contributor.institution Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US
dc.contributor.repository Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
2577.B.13.15.29.1.JPG 345.2Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record