Chippewa 206249

Show simple item record


dc.contributor.author Uknown
dc.coverage.spatial Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.coverage.temporal 1908 - 1940 en_US
dc.date.accessioned 2012-03-28T16:15:51Z
dc.date.available 2012-03-28T16:15:51Z
dc.date.issued 2012-03-28
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/181637
dc.description Originally built of wood at Cleveland in 1866, the USS "William P. Fessenden" was used by the United States Treasury Department as a revenue cutter from 1884 to1909. She was sold to George Craig of Toledo, Ohio in 1909. The "Fessenden" was rebuilt as a passenger steamer and renamed the "Chippewa." Owned by the Arnold Transit Company of Mackinac Island, she ran from Mackinac Island to the Soo until 1923. She was then sold to the Sandusky and the Island Steamboat Company, running from Sandusky, Ohio to Kelleys Island and Put-in-Bay. In 1940, the "Chippewa" was dismantled. Her hull was converted and served as an oil barge on the coast. en_US
dc.relation.ispartof Baus - 13 en_US
dc.subject Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.title Chippewa 206249 en_US
dc.type Image en_US
dc.contributor.institution Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US
dc.contributor.repository Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
2608.B.13.15.44.2.JPG 252.5Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record