Pelee (Canada 130388)

Show full item record


Title: Pelee (Canada 130388)
Author: Unknown
Description: The "Pelee" was built by the Collingwood Shipbuilding Company of Collingwood, Ontario in 1914. She was built of steel and was of 538 gross tons. She was built for the Windsor and Pelee Island Steamship Company for service on the Detroit River and Lake Erie, between Windsor and Pelee Island. After two seasons, Windsor was dropped from her service. She came only to Amherstburg, cutting across Lake Erie to Pelee Island, Kingsville, Leamington, and Sandusky, Ohio. From 1939 to 1941, she was docked by the Canadian government for violations. The following year, she returned to her old route. In 1960, she was replaced by the "Pelee Islander." In 1966, she went to the Goderich Marine Salvage. At Port Stanley, her hull was burned out. In 1972 and 1973, her hull was pulled out and scrapped.
Permanent Link: http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/181639

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
2610.B.13.15.45.2.JPG 290.1Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record