George H. Ingalls 81747

Show full item record


Title: George H. Ingalls 81747
Author: Unknown
Description: Built as the "William H. Brown" in Chicago, Illinois by the Chicago Ship Building Company in 1901, the vessel was of 4998 gross tons. She was owned by as many as ten companies. In 1913, she was reconstructed. In 1936, she was converted to an automobile carrier, and in 1942, she was reconverted to a bulk carrier. In 1946, she was once again converted to an automobile carrier. This photograph shows her in 1949 as the "George H. Ingalls," the name she carried from 1924 to 1966
Permanent Link: http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/181662

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
2639.B.13.16.12.2.JPG 252.9Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record