Admiral 107523

Show simple item record


dc.contributor.author Unknown
dc.coverage.spatial Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.coverage.temporal 1899 - 1912 en_US
dc.date.accessioned 2012-04-04T16:42:07Z
dc.date.available 2012-04-04T16:42:07Z
dc.date.issued 2012-04-04
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/181682
dc.description The "Admiral" was built at the Detroit Ship Building Company at Wyandotte, Michigan in 1899. She was built of steel and was of 4651 gross tons. Until 1920, she was owned by the American Steamship Company of Detroit, Michigan. In 1912, her name was changed to the "J. K. Dimmick." From 1920 to 1923, while owned by the Milwaukee and Western Steamship Company, her name was again changed - this time to the "Edward U. Demmer." On May 20, 1923, with a cargo of 7000 tons of coal, she collided in dense fog with the "Saturn" forty miles from Thunder Bay Island, Lake Huron. The "James B. Eads" and the "R. L. Agassiz" rescued the crew. en_US
dc.relation.ispartof FR - 2 en_US
dc.subject Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.title Admiral 107523 en_US
dc.type Image en_US
dc.contributor.institution Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US
dc.contributor.repository Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
2737.FR2.1.11.1.JPG 587.2Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record