Allegheny 207792

Show full item record


Title: Allegheny 207792
Author: Unknown
Description: The "Allegheny" was built by the Detroit Ship Building Company at Wyandotte, Michigan in 1910 for the Great Lakes Transit Corporation. She was 3896 gross tons. From 1925 to 1945, she was known as the "George D. Dixon." She was purchased by the U. S. Maritime Commission and along with the "Utica," "Fred W. Sargent," and the "Alfred H. Smith" was sold to Chile. The vessels were remodeled for ocean service at Manitowoc, Wisconsin. From 1945 to 1954, the "Allegheny" was known as the "Concon" and from 1954 to 1959 the "Angol." She was sold for scrap to an Italian company in 1959.
Permanent Link: http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/181707

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
2771.FR2.1.31.5.JPG 581.0Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record