Harry L. Allen 207277

Show simple item record


dc.contributor.author Unknown
dc.coverage.spatial Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.coverage.temporal 1910 - 1969 en_US
dc.date.accessioned 2012-04-07T21:05:27Z
dc.date.available 2012-04-07T21:05:27Z
dc.date.issued 2012-04-07
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/181708
dc.description The "Harry L. Allen" was built as the "John B. Cowle" in 1910 at the American Ship Building Company of Lorain, Ohio. She was of 6614 gross tons. She was variously owned by Standard Transportation Company, Great Lakes Steamship Company, Wilson Marine Transit Company, Republic Steel Corporation, Kinsman Marine Transit Company, and the S and E Shipping Corporation all of Cleveland, Ohio. While under ownership of Republic Steel (1957 to 1971), her name was changed to "Harry L. Allen" (1969). When the Multifood Elevator at Duluth, Minnesota caught fire in 1978, the vessel sustained severe damage and was declared a total loss. She was scrapped that year. en_US
dc.relation.ispartof FR - 2 en_US
dc.subject Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.title Harry L. Allen 207277 en_US
dc.type Image en_US
dc.contributor.institution Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US
dc.contributor.repository Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
2772.FR2.1.32.1.JPG 109.4Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record