Harry L. Allen 207277

Show full item record


Title: Harry L. Allen 207277
Author: Unknown
Description: The "Harry L. Allen" was built as the "John B. Cowle" in 1910 at the American Ship Building Company of Lorain, Ohio. She was of 6614 gross tons. She was variously owned by Standard Transportation Company, Great Lakes Steamship Company, Wilson Marine Transit Company, Republic Steel Corporation, Kinsman Marine Transit Company, and the S and E Shipping Corporation all of Cleveland, Ohio. While under ownership of Republic Steel (1957 to 1971), her name was changed to "Harry L. Allen" (1969). When the Multifood Elevator at Duluth, Minnesota caught fire in 1978, the vessel sustained severe damage and was declared a total loss. She was scrapped that year. This picture shows her from those years when she was known as the "Harry L. Allen (1969 to 1978).
Permanent Link: http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/181709

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
2773.FR2.1.32.2.JPG 217.8Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record