Alva 107034

Show full item record


Title: Alva 107034
Author: Unknown
Description: The "Alva" was built at Cleveland, Ohio by the Cleveland Ship Building Company in 1893. She was of 2419 gross tons. She was owned by M. A. Bradley of Cleveland, Ohio until 1908. From 1908 until 1914, she was owned by the Chicago and Duluth Transportation Company of Duluth, Minnesota. During those years, she was known as the "Minnetonka." She was purchased by the Canadian firm Great Lakes Transportation Company of Midland, Ontario in 1914 (Canadian registry 126659). During this ownership (1914 to 1926), she was known as the "Glenfinnan." From 1926 until 1937 when she was scrapped at Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin, she was owned by the Canada Steamship Lines of Montreal, Quebec. During her final years, she was known as the "Renfrew."
Permanent Link: http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/181711

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
2775.FR2.1.39.1.JPG 434.3Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record