Aragon (107228)

Show simple item record


dc.contributor.author Unknown
dc.coverage.spatial Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.coverage.temporal 1896-1964 en_US
dc.date.accessioned 2012-12-04T19:15:31Z
dc.date.available 2012-12-04T19:15:31Z
dc.date.issued 2012-12-04
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/185733
dc.description The “Aragon” was built in 1896 by Detroit Dry Dock Co. of Wyandotte, Michigan. Numerous ownership transfers span the history of the ship. She was owned by Argo Steamship Co. from Cleveland, Ohio (1896-1903), Atlantic Coast Lumber Co. of New York (1903-1921), John Prindiville & Sons of Chicago, Illinois (1921), International Waterways Navigation Co., Ltd. of Montreal, Canada (1921-1929), Essex Transit Co., Ltd. of Ford, Ontario (1929-1933), Eugene Lefebre of Montreal (1933-1937), Sterling Construction Co., Ltd. of Windsor, Ontario (1937-1943), Thomas A. Trees of Hamilton, Ontario (1943-1946), George Davidson (Baywater Shipping, Ltd., Mgr.) of Brockville, Ontario (1946-1947), and Baywater Shipping, Ltd. (1947-1963). The vessel was known as “Aragon” until 1946 when it was renamed “Bayanna.” The vessel experienced various rebuilds including the addition of the pilothouse from the Canadian steamer “Collier” in 1960. The vessel was pulled into shallow water in December 1963, where it caught fire five months later. After the fire gutted the vessel, she was scrapped. en_US
dc.relation.ispartof FR-2 en_US
dc.subject Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.title Aragon (107228) en_US
dc.type Image en_US
dc.contributor.institution Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US
dc.contributor.repository Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
2814.FR2.2.16.1.JPG 612.0Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record