Scott E. Land 249354

Show full item record


Title: Scott E. Land 249354
Author: Unknown
Description: The "Troy H, Browning" was built in 1946 by the Kaiser Corporation in Vancouver, Washington as the "Scott E. Land. This steel-hulled vessel was of 10,654 gross ton. She was owned by the U. S. Maritime Commission until 1951 when she was sold to the Nicholson-Universal Steamship Company of Detroit, Michigan. It was at that time, she was renamed the "Troy H. Browning." Also, that year, she was converted to a bulk carrier by the Maryland Dry Dock Company of Baltimore, Maryland. From 1952 to 1972, she was owned by the Republic Steel Corporation of Detroit, Michigan and then Cleveland, Ohio. In 1955, her name was changed to "Thomas F. Patton." In 1972, she struck a lock at Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan. In 1980, she was purchased by Danish interests for scrap. She is shown here as the "Troy H. Browning."
Permanent Link: http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/186100

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
2962.FR2.5.24.2.JPG 666.4Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record