Calcite

Show full item record


Title: Calcite
Author: Unknown
Description: "Calcite" was built in1912 by the Detroit Ship Building Company of Wyandotte, Michigan. She was of 3,996 gross ton. From 1912 to 1923, she was owned by the Calcite Transportation Company of Detroit. From 1923 to 1952, she was owned by Bradley Transportation Company of Rogers City, Michigan. From 1952 to 1960, U. S. Steel of Cleveland, Ohio owned her. The following year (1961), she was scrapped. Her pilot house was removed and taken to Rogers City, Michigan where it was placed in the park overlooking the harbor.
Permanent Link: http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/186263

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
2981.FR2.5.48.2.JPG 538.6Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record