Chippewa 127440

Show full item record


Title: Chippewa 127440
Author: Unknown
Description: In 1910, the Arnold Transit Company of Mackinac Island, Michigan, sold the "Chippewa" to the Puget Sound Navigating Company. Her new owners changed her to an auto carrier. The "Chippewa" was converted to diesel power in 1933.The "Chippewa's" false bow had been removed, but her forward windows were boarded up for protection for the voyage south to Oakland, California from Puget Sound. At Oakland, she was to serve as a maritime museum. Unfortunately, she burned at the pier June 23, 1968.
Permanent Link: http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/186312

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
3070.FR2.7.36.6.JPG 182.4Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record