Chippewa 127440

Show simple item record


dc.contributor.author Unknown
dc.coverage.spatial Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.coverage.temporal 1933 - 1968 en_US
dc.date.accessioned 2014-01-06T23:00:26Z
dc.date.available 2014-01-06T23:00:26Z
dc.date.issued 2014-01-06
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/186312
dc.description In 1910, the Arnold Transit Company of Mackinac Island, Michigan, sold the "Chippewa" to the Puget Sound Navigating Company. Her new owners changed her to an auto carrier. The "Chippewa" was converted to diesel power in 1933.The "Chippewa's" false bow had been removed, but her forward windows were boarded up for protection for the voyage south to Oakland, California from Puget Sound. At Oakland, she was to serve as a maritime museum. Unfortunately, she burned at the pier June 23, 1968. en_US
dc.relation.ispartof FR-2 en_US
dc.subject Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.title Chippewa 127440 en_US
dc.type Image en_US
dc.contributor.institution Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US
dc.contributor.repository Rutherford B. Hayes Pesidential Center en_US

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
3070.FR2.7.36.6.JPG 182.4Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record