Bayfair (Canada 160508)

Show full item record


Title: Bayfair (Canada 160508)
Author: Unknown
Description: The "Bayfair" was originally named the "Coalhaven." She was of 2,362 gross tons. She was built at Haverton Hill-on-Tees in 1928 by the Furness Shipbuilding Company. Until 1962, she was owned by the Canada Steamship Lines, Ltd. of Montreal, Quebec In 1962, she became known as the "Bayfair." Bayswater Shipping, Ltd. of Brockville, Ontario owned her from 1962 to 1968. The following year, Long Island Salvage Company of New York took possession. In 1969, she was scrapped at Hamilton, Ontario. Image number 3201.FR2.9.34.1 shows the vessels as the "Coal haven" some time between 1928 and 1962. Image 3202.FR2.9.34.2 shows the vessel between 1962 to 1968 when she was known as the "Bayfair."
Permanent Link: http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/186508

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
3201.FR2.9.34.1.JPG 46.66Kb JPEG image Thumbnail
3202.FR2.9.34.2.JPG 81.92Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record