Notre Dame Victory

Show full item record


Title: Notre Dame Victory
Author: Unknown
Description: This vessel was built in 1945 for the U.S.. Maritime Commission who owned her for the next five years. She was built by the Oregon Shipbuilding Company of Portland, Oregon. She was of 7,606 gross tons. In 1950, she came under the ownership of Cleveland Cliffs Iron Company of Cleveland, Ohio. In 1976, she ran aground in the St. Mary's River. Trapped in heavy ice, the vessel caused some 70 vessels to back up in the river. Finally, after off-loading a portion of her cargo, three tugs and a Coast Guard icebreaker freed her. In 1950, her name was changed to "Cliffs Victory." She was sold to Panama in 1985. Her name was then changed to "Savic." She was scrapped in Taiwan in 1985.
Permanent Link: http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/186516

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
3190.FR2.9.24.1.JPG 555.2Kb JPEG image Thumbnail
3191.FR2.9.24.2.JPG 620.4Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record