Notre Dame Victory

Show simple item record


dc.contributor.author Unknown
dc.coverage.spatial Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.coverage.temporal 1950 - 1985 en_US
dc.date.accessioned 2015-01-07T17:12:42Z
dc.date.available 2015-01-07T17:12:42Z
dc.date.issued 2015-01-07
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/186516
dc.description This vessel was built in 1945 for the U.S.. Maritime Commission who owned her for the next five years. She was built by the Oregon Shipbuilding Company of Portland, Oregon. She was of 7,606 gross tons. In 1950, she came under the ownership of Cleveland Cliffs Iron Company of Cleveland, Ohio. In 1976, she ran aground in the St. Mary's River. Trapped in heavy ice, the vessel caused some 70 vessels to back up in the river. Finally, after off-loading a portion of her cargo, three tugs and a Coast Guard icebreaker freed her. In 1950, her name was changed to "Cliffs Victory." She was sold to Panama in 1985. Her name was then changed to "Savic." She was scrapped in Taiwan in 1985. en_US
dc.relation.ispartof FR-2 en_US
dc.title Notre Dame Victory en_US
dc.type Image en_US
dc.contributor.institution Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Cennter en_US
dc.contributor.repository Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
3190.FR2.9.24.1.JPG 555.2Kb JPEG image Thumbnail
3191.FR2.9.24.2.JPG 620.4Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record