Winter Hill 247576

Show simple item record


dc.contributor.author Unknown
dc.coverage.spatial Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.coverage.temporal 1961 - 1985 en_US
dc.date.accessioned 2015-01-09T17:06:07Z
dc.date.available 2015-01-09T17:06:07Z
dc.date.issued 2015-01-09
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/186530
dc.description This vessel, built in 1945 at Chester, Pennsylvania at the Sun Ship Building and Dry Dock Company. She was of 10,537 gross tons. She was owned by the U. S. Maritime Commission until 1949. She was converted from a tanker to a dry bulk carrier and lengthened by Bethlehem Steel Shipbuilding Company at Baltimore, Maryland. In 1976, she struck a lock wall in the St. Lawrence Seaway. From 1961 to 1985, she was known as the "Leon Falk, Jr." From 1949 to 1960 she was owned by the New York company, Ships Inc. In 1960, Skar-Ore Steamship Corporation of Cleveland, Ohio owned her until 1985 when she was towed to Spain for scrapping. en_US
dc.relation.ispartof FR-2 en_US
dc.title Winter Hill 247576 en_US
dc.type Image en_US
dc.contributor.institution Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Cennter en_US
dc.contributor.repository Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
3421.FR2.13.31.1.JPG 29.86Kb JPEG image Thumbnail
3422.FR2.13.31.2.JPG 55.33Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record