"William J. Olcott" 207790

Show simple item record


dc.contributor.author unkown
dc.coverage.spatial Great Lakes (North America en_US
dc.coverage.temporal 1910-1993 en_US
dc.date.accessioned 2018-01-25T17:05:23Z
dc.date.available 2018-01-25T17:05:23Z
dc.date.created 1910
dc.date.issued 2018-01-25
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/187624
dc.description The "William J. Olcott" experienced a variety of owners. The ship was built in 1910 in Ecorse, Michigan for the Pittsburg Steamship Company. The United States Steel Corporation assumed ownership from 1952-1968. From 1960-1968 the vessel was located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin but was not in use. To prepare for the 1970 work season, the ship was transferred to South Chicago, Illinois with the name changed to "George E. Seedhouse". Arriving at the Union Dock in Ashtabula, Ohio on July 25, 1970 for repairs, the vessel knocked over a hulett that caused extensive damage to the dock but slight damage to the port bow. The vessel was taken for repairs to the American Ship Building in Lorain, Ohio. The vessel was sold in October, 1975 to a Canadian company for scrapping but was rescued by the Bay Shipbuilding Incorporated, in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin to be utilized as a floating workshop. The vessel was officially scrapped at the Bay Shipbuilding dry dock in July 1993. en_US
dc.relation.ispartof FR-2 en_US
dc.subject Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.title "William J. Olcott" 207790 en_US
dc.type Image en_US
dc.contributor.institution Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US
dc.contributor.repository Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
5247-FR2-27-14-1014.jpg 644.1Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record