"Ralph Gilchrist" 149493

Show full item record


Title: "Ralph Gilchrist" 149493
Author: Unkown
Description: The Canadian vessel, "Ralph Gilchrist", was built in 1929 by Swan, Hunter and Wigham Richardson, Ltd. in Wallsent-on-Tyne, Great Britain. The first owner of the vessel was Sarnia Steamship Ltd. from 1929-1951. During that time, the "Ralph Gilchrist" had its name changed to "E.P.Murphy" although the ownership was still registered in Canada. In 1951-1960, the "E. P. Murphy" was purchased by Colonial Steamships, Ltd. In 1960-1962 the Westdale Shipping, Ltd. (Reoch Steamship, Ltd. Mgrs.) purchased the vessel and changed the name to "Westdale". The vessel was towed from Toronto, Ontario to Hamilton, Ontario on April 27, 1962 by the tug, "G. W. Rogers" to be scrapped. This was completed by the Steel Company of Canada, Ltd.
Permanent Link: http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/187645
Date: 1929

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
5140-FR2-25-21-1070.jpg 127.7Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record