"Ralph Gilchrist" 149493

Show simple item record


dc.contributor.author Unkown
dc.coverage.spatial Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.coverage.temporal 1929-1962 en_US
dc.date.accessioned 2018-02-01T17:32:49Z
dc.date.available 2018-02-01T17:32:49Z
dc.date.created 1929
dc.date.issued 2018-02-01
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/187645
dc.description The Canadian vessel, "Ralph Gilchrist", was built in 1929 by Swan, Hunter and Wigham Richardson, Ltd. in Wallsent-on-Tyne, Great Britain. The first owner of the vessel was Sarnia Steamship Ltd. from 1929-1951. During that time, the "Ralph Gilchrist" had its name changed to "E.P.Murphy" although the ownership was still registered in Canada. In 1951-1960, the "E. P. Murphy" was purchased by Colonial Steamships, Ltd. In 1960-1962 the Westdale Shipping, Ltd. (Reoch Steamship, Ltd. Mgrs.) purchased the vessel and changed the name to "Westdale". The vessel was towed from Toronto, Ontario to Hamilton, Ontario on April 27, 1962 by the tug, "G. W. Rogers" to be scrapped. This was completed by the Steel Company of Canada, Ltd. en_US
dc.relation.ispartof FR-2 en_US
dc.subject Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.title "Ralph Gilchrist" 149493 en_US
dc.type Image en_US
dc.contributor.institution Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US
dc.contributor.repository Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
5140-FR2-25-21-1070.jpg 127.7Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record