"Norgoma" 190429

Show simple item record


dc.contributor.author Unknown
dc.coverage.spatial Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.coverage.temporal 1950-1976 en_US
dc.date.accessioned 2018-03-01T16:49:25Z
dc.date.available 2018-03-01T16:49:25Z
dc.date.created 1950
dc.date.issued 2018-03-01
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/187694
dc.description The "Norgoma" was a Canadian registered vessel built in 1950 by the Collingwood Shipyards, Limited in Collingwood, Ontario. The vessel served as a package freighter, passenger ferry and a car transport on the Great Lakes. The "Norgoma" was 180.25 feet long, 36.00 feet wide with a gross tonnage of 1435.00 tons. The first owner of the vessel was Owen Sound Transportation, Limited, (1950-1976). In 1964, the "Norgoma" was converted to oil. In 1976, the Corporation of the City of Sault Sainte Marie, Ontario became the new owner. It is currently being used as a museum vessel in that city. en_US
dc.relation.ispartof FR-2 en_US
dc.subject Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.title "Norgoma" 190429 en_US
dc.type Image en_US
dc.contributor.institution Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US
dc.contributor.repository Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
5186-FR2-26-14-1211.jpg 468.3Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record