"Norgoma" 190429

Show full item record


Title: "Norgoma" 190429
Author: Unknown
Description: The "Norgoma" was a Canadian registered vessel built in 1950 by the Collingwood Shipyards, Limited in Collingwood, Ontario. The vessel served as a package freighter, passenger ferry and a car transport on the Great Lakes. The "Norgoma" was 180.25 feet long, 36.00 feet wide with a gross tonnage of 1435.00 tons. The first owner of the vessel was Owen Sound Transportation, Limited, (1950-1976). In 1964, the "Norgoma" was converted to oil. In 1976, the Corporation of the City of Sault Sainte Marie, Ontario became the new owner. It is currently being used as a museum vessel in that city.
Permanent Link: http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/187694
Date: 1950

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
5186-FR2-26-14-1211.jpg 468.3Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record