"Oak Leaf" 19106

Show full item record


Title: "Oak Leaf" 19106
Author: Unkown
Description: The two mask schooner, "Oak Leaf", was built in April, 1866 by Peck and Masters in Cleveland, Ohio. She traveled with cargo of grain, lumber, coal, gravel and crushed stone on Lake Erie and Lake Michigan. Her first enrollment was issued at Sandusky, Ohio on April 18, 1866 but her home port was listed as Milwaukee, Wisconsin. She was 129.75 feet long and 31.00 feet wide. Originally she was built to carry 319.36 gross ton, however, in July 25, 1891, she was rebuilt in Chicago, Illinois to extend the length to 160 feet long and 31.16 feet wide. Her tonnage was also increased to 395.03 gross tons. In 1917 the "Oak Leaf's" rig was changed to a barge. In 1928, "Oak Leaf" was abandoned at Bullhead Point Warf in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin.
Permanent Link: http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/187715
Date: 1866

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
5232-FR2-27-1-1304.jpg 329.7Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record