"Oak Leaf" 19106

Show simple item record


dc.contributor.author Unkown
dc.coverage.spatial Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.coverage.temporal 1866-1928 en_US
dc.date.accessioned 2018-04-19T14:21:21Z
dc.date.available 2018-04-19T14:21:21Z
dc.date.created 1866
dc.date.issued 2018-04-19
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/187715
dc.description The two masted schooner, "Oak Leaf", was built in April, 1866 by Peck and Masters in Cleveland, Ohio. She traveled with cargo of grain, lumber, coal, gravel and crushed stone on Lake Erie and Lake Michigan. Her first enrollment was issued at Sandusky, Ohio on April 18, 1866 but her home port was listed as Milwaukee, Wisconsin. She was 129.75 feet long and 31.00 feet wide. Originally she was built to carry 319.36 gross ton, however, in July 25, 1891, she was rebuilt in Chicago, Illinois to extend the length to 160 feet long and 31.16 feet wide. Her tonnage was also increased to 395.03 gross tons. In 1917 the "Oak Leaf's" rig was changed to a barge. In 1928, "Oak Leaf" was abandoned at Bullhead Point Warf in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. en_US
dc.relation.ispartof FR-2 en_US
dc.subject Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.title "Oak Leaf" 19106 en_US
dc.type Image en_US
dc.contributor.institution Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US
dc.contributor.repository Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
5232-FR2-27-1-1304.jpg 329.7Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record