The Lighthouse at Huron's West Pier

Show simple item record


dc.contributor.author Niebergall, Ernst en_US
dc.coverage.spatial Huron (Ohio) en_US
dc.coverage.spatial Erie County (Ohio) en_US
dc.coverage.spatial Erie, Lake en_US
dc.coverage.temporal 1910 - 1920 en_US
dc.date.accessioned 2008-04-28T19:02:27Z
dc.date.available 2008-04-28T19:02:27Z
dc.date.created 1914 en_US
dc.date.issued 2008-04-28T19:02:27Z
dc.identifier.other 275.8.O.161A707 en_US
dc.identifier.other 8 en_US
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/2053
dc.description The port of Huron lies not far from Rye Beach Park. As early as 1834, a lighthouse served commercial shipping at the port's west pier. During a fierce storm in the spring of 1854, the lighthouse was destroyed. Three years later, a new lighthouse was built. It was entirely enclosed in iron. It was not until the 1930's that a new lighthouse replaced it. By that date, the breakwater had been extended nearly a mile offshore. en_US
dc.format.extent 5" X 7" en_US
dc.language.iso English en_US
dc.relation.ispartof Charles E. Frohman Collection en_US
dc.rights Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US
dc.rights.uri http://www.rbhayes.org/hayes/photographs/display.asp?id=497&subj=photographs en_US
dc.subject Lighthouses en_US
dc.subject Huron, Ohio en_US
dc.subject Erie County (Ohio) en_US
dc.subject Erie, Lake en_US
dc.title The Lighthouse at Huron's West Pier en_US
dc.type Photographic print, black and white en_US
dc.publisher.digital Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US
dc.contributor.photographer Niebergall, Ernst en_US
dc.contributor.repository Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US
dc.repository.place Fremont, Ohio en_US
dc.repository.place Fremont, Ohio en_US
dc.repository.place Sandusky County, Ohio en_US

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
275.8.O.161A707.jpg 1.433Mb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record