Ruggles Grove Renamed - Erie County, Ohio

Show simple item record


dc.contributor.author Niebergall, Ernst en_US
dc.coverage.spatial Ruggles (Ohio) en_US
dc.coverage.spatial Erie, Lake en_US
dc.coverage.spatial Erie County (Ohio) en_US
dc.coverage.temporal 1912 en_US
dc.date.accessioned 2008-01-27T19:59:47Z en_US
dc.date.accessioned 2008-05-07T15:48:51Z
dc.date.available 2008-01-27T19:59:47Z en_US
dc.date.available 2008-05-07T15:48:51Z
dc.date.created 1912 en_US
dc.date.issued 2008-01-27T19:59:47Z en_US
dc.identifier.other 2 en_US
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/2298
dc.description Charles Ruggles owned Ruggles Grove as early as 1890. The property was originally owned by Almon Ruggles. Almon Ruggles received the land as compensation for surveying the "Firelands" for the government of Connecticut. Almon's son, Richard opened the grove for public picnics in 1868. His son, Charles changed the name of the property to Ruggles Beach and opened it as a summer resort June 20, 1891. However, many continued to call it Ruggles Grove. en_US
dc.subject Ruggles, Almon (1770 - 1840) en_US
dc.subject Beaches - Ohio - Recreational Use en_US
dc.subject Erie County (Ohio) en_US
dc.subject Erie, Lake en_US
dc.subject Ruggles (Ohio) en_US
dc.title Ruggles Grove Renamed - Erie County, Ohio en_US
dc.type Image en_US
dc.repository.name Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US
dc.contributor.institution Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US
dc.relation.hasformat Charles E. Frohman Collection en_US

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
1407.2.27.jpg 705.3Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record