Pilgrim - 80861

Show full item record


Title: Pilgrim - 80861
Author: Unknown
Description: Built in Wyandotte, Michigan in 1881, the "Wisconsin" saw many changes before she foundered off Kenosha, Wisconsin on October 29, 1929. She became the "Naomi" in 1899 and burned off Grand Haven, Michigan on May 1, 1907; five lives were lost. The ship was rebuilt in 1910 and renamed the "E.G. Crosby." The U.S. government bought her in March 1917, took her to the Atlantic coast, fitted her as a hospital ship, and named her the "General Robert M. O'Reilly." She returned to the Great Lakes in December 1919 and was renamed again, this time the "Pilgrim." Eventually she was possessed by her original owners and was sailing under her original name - "Wisconsin" - when she was lost on October 29, 1929.
Permanent Link: http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/2328

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
1511.b13.3.4.1.jpg 1.079Mb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record