Lighthouse at the Tip of Cedar Point

Show simple item record


dc.contributor.author Unknown en_US
dc.coverage.spatial Sandusky Bay (Ohio) en_US
dc.coverage.spatial Erie County (Ohio) en_US
dc.coverage.spatial Erie, Lake en_US
dc.coverage.spatial Cedar Point (Sandusky, Ohio) en_US
dc.coverage.temporal 1890 - 1915 en_US
dc.date.accessioned 2008-02-27T15:02:14Z en_US
dc.date.accessioned 2008-05-07T15:50:11Z
dc.date.available 2008-02-27T15:02:14Z en_US
dc.date.available 2008-05-07T15:50:11Z
dc.date.issued 2008-02-27T15:02:14Z en_US
dc.identifier.other FR - 14 en_US
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/2428
dc.description A lighthouse to mark the eastern shore of the entrance to Sandusky Bay was built in 1839. The Marblehead Lighthouse, built in 1822, marked the western shore of the Bay's entrance. This limestone cottage was built about 1862. The structure still stands (as of February 2008) as the centerpiece of the amusement park's Lighthouse Point area. en_US
dc.subject Lighthouses - Ohio - Marblehead en_US
dc.subject Marblehead (Ohio) - Buildings, Structures, Etc. en_US
dc.subject Cedar Point (Sandusky, Ohio: Amusement Park) - History en_US
dc.title Lighthouse at the Tip of Cedar Point en_US
dc.type Image en_US
dc.repository.name Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US
dc.contributor.institution Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US
dc.relation.hasformat Charles E. Frohman Collection en_US

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
563.810-274.jpg 3.151Mb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record