Island Vineyards

Show full item record

Why is this item not displaying? 
Title: Island Vineyards
Author: Niebergall, Ernst
Description: Charles Carpenter, son-in-law of Datus Kelley and formerly of Norwich, Connecticut, began the first commercial vineyard on Kelleys Island in 1846. He bought the 123-acre farm of Horace Kelley on the southwest corner of the island. The successful cultivation of grapes brought more settlers to the island. Most vineyards were owned by individual families, who earned tidy profits from their operations.
Permanent Link:
Date: 1910 - 1918

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
72332q55.jpg 1.622Mb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record