Trestles Under the West Side Dock

Show full item record

Why is this item not displaying? 
Title: Trestles Under the West Side Dock
Author: Niebergall, Ernst
Description: Steel and wooden trestles supported railroad tracks on the West Side Dock at Kelleys Island. Stone was hauled from the quarries by narrow-gauge Shay engines on movable track. With the construction of four docks on Kelleys Island, the Kelleys Island Limestone & Transport Company consolidated limestone quarrying and shipping operations into an efficient, profitable enterprise.
Permanent Link:
Date: 1910 - 1918

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
67132q63.jpg 1.485Mb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record