R. B. Hayes 110297

Show full item record

Why is this item not displaying? 
Title: R. B. Hayes 110297
Author: Unknown
Description: The "R. B. Hayes" was built in 1876 by John Monk of Sandusky, Ohio. This wooden sidewheel steamer ran from the upper Bay ports. In 1893, she ran to Johnson's Island. When Cedar Point Company took over Johnson's Island, the "R. B. Hayes" was included. About 1916, she was sold for the "A. Wehrle Jr." and brought to the Lake Erie Islands. After only a few years, she lay idle. She was dismantled at the foot of Columbus Avenue, Sandusky, Ohio, not far from where she was built. She was listed as abandoned in 1924.
Permanent Link: http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/170447

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
2383.B. 368.5Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record