`Hamilton (Canadian 103337)

Show simple item record


dc.contributor.author Unknown
dc.coverage.spatial Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.coverage.temporal 1895 - 1927 en_US
dc.date.accessioned 2011-05-13T13:57:33Z
dc.date.available 2011-05-13T13:57:33Z
dc.date.issued 2011-05-13
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/170573
dc.description The iron side-wheel "Magnet" was first constructed in England in 1846, then dismantled, shipped overseas, and rebuilt by Niagara Drydock Company in 1847 in Hamilton, Ontario. She ran on Lake Ontario and the St. Lawrence River for a number of years. She became the steamer "Hamilton" in 1895. She was later converted into an oil barge, and then subsidized by the government and used as a gunboat during the Fenian Raid. This picture was taken some time after 1895 when she was rebuilt at Sorel and renamed the "Hamilton." She was cut up for scrap at Wallaceburg in 1927. en_US
dc.relation.ispartof Baus - 13 en_US
dc.subject Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.subject Great Lakes (North America) - Navigation - History en_US
dc.title `Hamilton (Canadian 103337) en_US
dc.type Image en_US
dc.contributor.institution Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US
dc.contributor.repository Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US
dc.contributor.repository Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
2508.B.13.14.34.2.JPG 227.6Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record