George H. Ingalls 81747

Show simple item record


dc.contributor.author Unknown
dc.coverage.spatial Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.coverage.temporal 1949 en_US
dc.date.accessioned 2012-04-01T21:42:27Z
dc.date.available 2012-04-01T21:42:27Z
dc.date.issued 2012-04-01
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/181662
dc.description Built as the "William H. Brown" in Chicago, Illinois by the Chicago Ship Building Company in 1901, the vessel was of 4998 gross tons. She was owned by as many as ten companies. In 1913, she was reconstructed. In 1936, she was converted to an automobile carrier, and in 1942, she was reconverted to a bulk carrier. In 1946, she was once again converted to an automobile carrier. This photograph shows her in 1949 as the "George H. Ingalls," the name she carried from 1924 to 1966 en_US
dc.relation.ispartof Baus - 13 en_US
dc.subject Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.title George H. Ingalls 81747 en_US
dc.type Image en_US
dc.contributor.institution Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US
dc.contributor.repository Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
2639.B.13.16.12.2.JPG 252.9Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record