Admiral 107523

Show full item record

Why is this item not displaying? 
Title: Admiral 107523
Author: Unknown
Description: The "Admiral" was built at the Detroit Ship Building Company at Wyandotte, Michigan in 1899. She was built of steel and was of 4651 gross tons. Until 1920, she was owned by the American Steamship Company of Detroit, Michigan. In 1912, her name was changed to the "J. K. Dimmick." From 1920 to 1923, while owned by the Milwaukee and Western Steamship Company, her name was again changed - this time to the "Edward U. Demmer." On May 20, 1923, with a cargo of 7000 tons of coal, she collided in dense fog with the "Saturn" forty miles from Thunder Bay Island, Lake Huron. The "James B. Eads" and the "R. L. Agassiz" rescued the crew.
Permanent Link:

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
2737.FR2.1.11.1.JPG 587.2Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record