Alvah S. Chisholm Jr.

Show simple item record


dc.contributor.author Unknown
dc.coverage.spatial Kelleys Island en_US
dc.coverage.temporal 1907 en_US
dc.date.accessioned 2015-01-05T21:17:49Z
dc.date.available 2015-01-05T21:17:49Z
dc.date.issued 2015-01-05
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/186498
dc.description The "Alvah S. Chisholm Jr." was built at Marine City by Alexander Anderson for John Corrigan at a cost of $35,000. She was built with removable compartments on the deck for carrying sand. She was sold in 1900 to the Kelley Island Lime and Transport Company and rebuilt for the stone trade. She towed the "Ohio" and "David Moran" in the stone trade. In 1909, she was converted to a sand sucker at Sandusky, Ohio. By 1930, her boilers would no longer pass inspection and she was sold to Lampe Construction and Trading Company of Lorain, Ohio. She was later returned to Kelley Island Lime and Transport where her documents were surrendered in 1940. The picture was taken in 1907 loading limestone for Cleveland, Ohio, at the North dock of Kelleys Island en_US
dc.relation.ispartof FR-2 en_US
dc.title Alvah S. Chisholm Jr. en_US
dc.type Image en_US
dc.contributor.institution Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Cennter en_US
dc.contributor.repository Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
3086.FR2.7.39.2.JPG 127.7Kb JPEG image Thumbnail
3087.FR2.7.41.1.JPG 153.9Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record