"Glencorrie" 145511

Show simple item record

dc.contributor.author Unkown
dc.coverage.spatial Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.coverage.temporal 1923-1950 en_US
dc.date.accessioned 2018-03-01T16:00:27Z
dc.date.available 2018-03-01T16:00:27Z
dc.date.created 1923
dc.date.issued 2018-03-01
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/187692
dc.description The "Glencorrie" was built in 1923 in Wallsend-on-Tyne, Great Britain by the Swan, Hunter and Wigham Richardson, Limited. Glen Line Limited was the first owner (1923-1925) and the vessel was registered in Canada. "Glencorrie" was 250.25 feet in length and 42.50 feet wide. The "Glencorrie" experienced multiple ownership changes. The Glen Line Limited sold the vessel to George Hall Coal and Shipping Company, Limited, (1925-1926); Canada Steamship Lines, (1926-1962); Northern Offshore Drilling, Limited, (1962-1966); Hollis IV, Limited, (1966-1975); and Dwor Metal Company, Limited, (1975-1977). The vessel remained registered to Canada through all ownership changes. During the 1926-1962, the "Glencorrie's" name was changed to "Simcoe". In 1962, "Simcoe" was converted to an off-shore natural gas drilling rig by the Kingston Shipyards, Limited in Kingston, Ontario. The final name change was recorded in 1965 and was listed as "Nordrill". "Nordrill was scrapped by Dwor Metal Company Limited at Port Colborne, Ontario in 1977. en_US
dc.relation.ispartof FR-2 en_US
dc.subject Great Lakes (North America) en_US
dc.title "Glencorrie" 145511 en_US
dc.type Image en_US
dc.contributor.institution Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US
dc.contributor.repository Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center en_US

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
5185-FR2-26-13-1208.jpg 327.2Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record