"Glencorrie" 145511

Show full item record

Why is this item not displaying? 
Title: "Glencorrie" 145511
Author: Unkown
Description: The "Glencorrie" was built in 1923 in Wallsend-on-Tyne, Great Britain by the Swan, Hunter and Wigham Richardson, Limited. Glen Line Limited was the first owner (1923-1925) and the vessel was registered in Canada. "Glencorrie" was 250.25 feet in length and 42.50 feet wide. The "Glencorrie" experienced multiple ownership changes. The Glen Line Limited sold the vessel to George Hall Coal and Shipping Company, Limited, (1925-1926); Canada Steamship Lines, (1926-1962); Northern Offshore Drilling, Limited, (1962-1966); Hollis IV, Limited, (1966-1975); and Dwor Metal Company, Limited, (1975-1977). The vessel remained registered to Canada through all ownership changes. During the 1926-1962, the "Glencorrie's" name was changed to "Simcoe". In 1962, "Simcoe" was converted to an off-shore natural gas drilling rig by the Kingston Shipyards, Limited in Kingston, Ontario. The final name change was recorded in 1965 and was listed as "Nordrill". "Nordrill was scrapped by Dwor Metal Company Limited at Port Colborne, Ontario in 1977.
Permanent Link: http://hdl.handle.net/2374.OX/187692
Date: 1923

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
5185-FR2-26-13-1208.jpg 327.2Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record