Ruggles Grove Renamed - Erie County, Ohio

Show full item record

Why is this item not displaying? 
Title: Ruggles Grove Renamed - Erie County, Ohio
Author: Niebergall, Ernst
Description: Charles Ruggles owned Ruggles Grove as early as 1890. The property was originally owned by Almon Ruggles. Almon Ruggles received the land as compensation for surveying the "Firelands" for the government of Connecticut. Almon's son, Richard opened the grove for public picnics in 1868. His son, Charles changed the name of the property to Ruggles Beach and opened it as a summer resort June 20, 1891. However, many continued to call it Ruggles Grove.
Permanent Link:
Date: 1912

Files in this item

Files Size Format View
1407.2.27.jpg 705.3Kb JPEG image Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show full item record